March 5 & 6
To be held in Guthrie, Ok
There is a confirmed case of Equine Herpes Virus (EHV) in both Nevada and Texas.
Information about Equine Herpes Virus in Texas
Prior to confirmation, the positive horse attended barrel racing events at the NRS Arena in Decatur, TX on February 15 and Northside Arena in Fort Worth, TX on February 14.
Information about Equine Herpes Virus in Nevada
On Saturday, Feb. 18, the Nevada Department of Agriculture began receiving accounts of horses exposed to equine herpes virus type 4. The NDA's state veterinarian, Dr. JJ Goicoechea, recommends postponing this weekend's high school rodeo in Moapa Valley because some horses present at last weekend's rodeo in Boulder City are now showing signs of disease.
LIVESTOCK DISESE PREVENTION RECOMMENDATIONS
The PRCA urges horse owners to follow these steps for preventing the spread of livestock diseases such as Equine Herpes Virus.
- Contact your veterinarian to ensure your horses are up to date on their vaccinations.
- Do not share water buckets, hay nets or any other feeding/drinking equipment.
- Do not submerge the water hose in your bucket when filling the bucket.
- Do not share tack including halters, head stalls, bits, brushes, etc.
- Avoid nose to nose contact with your horse and others.
- Do not tie your horse to fences and rails where other horses are tied.
- Take your horse's temperature in the morning and at night. If you horse is running a temperature above 101.5?F, contact a veterinarian immediately.
- Clean and disinfect trailers, stabling, barns, and other equine contact surfaces thoroughly. (It is important to remember that organic materials decrease the effectiveness of the disinfectant. All organic materials should be removed prior to disinfection)
Refer to the PRCA website for more details http://www.prorodeo.com/news-display/2017/02/23/prca-livestock-health-alert
The NLBRA and Montana Silversmiths are strengthening their partnership. Montana Silversmiths will increase its sponsorship based upon online sales as part of member benefit promotion to the NLBRA at the end of the calendar year.
It will be very important to use the special NLBRA code provided by Montana Silversmiths. This new value added sponsor benefit of our Montana Silversmiths partnership is available to all NLBRA memberships. The NLBRA code represents a 20% discount on ALL online purchases of Montana Silversmiths regularly priced product 24-7-365 days a year, it’s a win-win!
Please visit the NLB RA website for a direct link to shop Montana Silversmiths – Brand of Champions to take advantage of this member benefit.
YOU ARE NOW able to enter franchise rodeos on-line. The entries will open 30 days prior to the entry close date. Payment for the franchise rodeo entry fees depends upon how the franchise is set up.
You can also find a printable schedule in printable forms https://nlbra.com/documents.aspx